Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Interview and Currently

Yesterday on, Monday, March 6, 2017, I had an interview arranged with Amy, Appleby & Brennan in Waterloo. I had kept in contact with the legal assistant of the firm and sent a confirmation email prior to the interview. When I arrived at the firm I had met all the partners of the firm and they all asked me questions. The lawyers were very kind and all seemed pleased with the answers I had provided them. We further discussed what software we had used throughout the course of our program and of course, they are all familiar and use the same software at their law firm. They were happy to hear that all the documents we had become familiar with in our classes were the same ones their firm is dealing with. When it came down to questions, I had asked them "What qualities does your firm look for to allow a legal assistant in becoming successful?" They told me the exact same thing our professor tells us everyday in class, ACCURACY! It is always important to proofread and pay close attention to every detail. The lawyers then introduced me to one of the legal assistants currently working there, and she was nice enough to give me a tour of the firm and introduce me to the staff. 

Overall, the interview went great and I was offered a position at their law firm for my placement. I can't wait to begin and keep in touch with my journey !



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your placement. I'm sure you will enjoy applying your skills and developing new ones at this firm. I look forward to future posts once your placement begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Susie! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to hear all about your experience :)

    ReplyDelete